Merciful, God of Grace and Truth, Holy Successful Messiah

 

Hussein Trimidhi

 

In the name of Allah (SWT), the most gracious, the most merciful.

 

This is a response to an article by Christian Apologist, David Wood, entitled: ?Deceptive God'. It is located here:

 

http://answering-islam.org/Authors/Wood/deceptive_god.htm

 

Key:

 

(SAWW) = Sal Allahu-Aza-wa-Jala A'laihi Wa A'le Hi Wasalam (The Blessings of Allah, the Glorified, be upon him and his family and peace).

 

(AS) = A'laihi-Salam (Upon him be peace).

 

(AS2) = A'laiha-Salam (Upon her be peace).

 

(AS3) = A'laihimus-Salam (Upon them be peace)

 

(RA) = Radi Allahu-Aza-wa-Jala A'nhu (May Allah, the Glorified, be pleased with him).

 

(RA2) = Radi Allahu-Aza-wa-Jala A'nha (May Allah, the Glorified, be pleased with her).

 

(RA3) = Radi Allahu-Aza-wa-Jala A'nhum (May Allah, the Glorified, be pleased with them)

 

(SWT) = Subhana Huwa-ta'ala (Glory be to him).

 

All the quotes from the Holy Qur'an in this article are from the translation of Mohammad Habib Shakir, unless otherwise indicated, most commonly known as M.H Shakir or just Shakir, though no one can rely completely on any translations.

 

All quotes from the Bible in this response are from the King James Version (also known as KJV) of the Bible.

 

His article will be in black and my response in green, except for any links made by him or me:

 

He wrote:

For nearly two thousand years, Christians have proclaimed Jesus' death and resurrection. Islam rejects both of these doctrines and offers a different account of what happened at the cross and afterwards. However, the Muslim explanation comes at a tremendous price: Their version of the story portrays God as a horrible deceiver, and Jesus as the most stupendous failure in the history of the prophets. Hence, while Muslims claim that "Allah is Truth"[1] and that Jesus is to be revered as one of Allah's mightiest prophets, these claims are hollow, for Islamic dogma comes with a great deal of heresy.

My Response:

Yes, indeed Islam does reject both these doctrines and offers a far different account into what took place. The Islamic version does not at all show Allah (SWT) as a horrible deceiver and Jesus as a failure. See my rebuttal to David's comrade, Sam Shamoun who lies, deceives and distorts plus much more (the issue of the Islamic perspective on ressurection has been discussed and explained there, removing Shamoun's argument):

http://muslim-responses.com/The_Best_Deceiver/The_Best_Deceiver_

As for the claim that the Islamic Jesus is a failure, see this article by my Brother Sami Zaatari:

http://muslim-responses.com/Not_a_Failure/Not_a_Failure_

It is not just Muslims who claim that Allah (SWT) is the truth, but Allah (SWT) who declares it in the Holy Qur'an:

Then are they sent back to Allah, their Master, the True one; now surely His is the judgment and He is swiftest in taking account. (Surah al-Anam 6:62)

This is because Allah is the Truth and because He gives life to the dead and because He has power over all things. (Surah al-Hajj 22:6)

So exalted be Allah, the True King; no god is there but He, the Lord of the honorable dominion. (Surah al-Mu'minun 23:116)

On that day Allah will pay back to them in full their just reward, and they shall know that Allah is the evident Truth. (Surah an-Nur 24:25)

The Islamic doctrine on this issue does not come from heresy at all, but is truly the words and message of Allah (SWT).

He wrote:

Allah Starts Christianity . . . By Accident

If we examine the teachings of Islam, we find that Allah not only started Christianity, but also made Christianity the world's dominant religion. This fact should seem strange to everyone, for Muslims believe that Christianity is a false religion. Of course, Muslims will respond by arguing that Christianity is a false religion because it was corrupted by man, but that in its original state it was the message of Allah given to Jesus the son of Mary.

While there isn't a shred of evidence that the followers of Jesus ever believed anything similar to Islam, this is beside the point. According to Islam, Christianity was corrupted by Allah himself. To understand why Islam demands such a view, let us review a few facts.

My Response:

Allah (SWT) did not start Christianity by accident. That claim has already been refuted by Dr. Munir Munshey, a translator of the Holy Qur'an and an authour of the website, answering-christianity.com. His response is located here:

http://answering-christianity.com/munir_munshey/deceptive_god_rebuttal.htm

We do not believe Christianity is a completely false religion, but men have added a conjecture into the religion, that was originally Islam (i.e. submission to the one-God) and the original Gospel of Prophet Isa (AS) is lost.

There is a lot of evidence for this claim of Muslims and a lot of evidence that the beliefs of Prophet Isa (AS) and his followers was very similar to Islam. For proof of that, see the following link, which is Book called: ?Muslim-Christian Dialogue':

http://muslimhelp.com/Islam/CMD.htm

David Wood is just falsely attributing the corruption of Christianity to Allah (SWT), when it was men like Paul who corrupted and deviated from the original belief. Yes, let us analyse David Wood's information.

He wrote:

FACT #1: The Qur'an states that Jesus was a messenger of Allah and a prophet of Islam. Indeed, Surah 19 tells us that Jesus began preaching Islamic theology the moment he was born:

And the throes (of childbirth) compelled [Mary] to betake herself to the trunk of a palm tree. She said: Oh, would that I had died before this, and had been a thing quite forgotten! Then (the child [i.e. the infant Jesus]) called out to her from beneath her: Grieve not, surely your Lord has made a stream to flow beneath you; And shake towards you the trunk of the palmtree, it will drop on you fresh ripe dates: So eat and drink and refresh the eye. . . . Surely I am a servant of Allah; He has given me the Book and made me a prophet; And He has made me blessed wherever I may be, and He has enjoined on me prayer and poor-rate so long as I live; And dutiful to my mother, and He has not made me insolent, unblessed; And peace on me on the day I was born, and on the day I die, and on the day I am raised to life.[2]

Jesus continued to preach the message of God throughout his life, until he was taken to heaven. According to the Qur'an, the Gospel that Jesus brought was no different from the message of the prophets before him. Jesus, a servant and prophet of God, preached Islam:

The same religion has He Established for you as that Which He enjoined on Noah?That which We have sent By inspiration to thee?And that which We enjoined On Abraham, Moses, and Jesus: Namely, that ye should remain Steadfast in Religion, and make No divisions therein.[3]

[Jesus] was no more than A servant: We granted Our favour to him, And We made him An example to the Children of Israel. . . . When Jesus came With Clear Signs, he said: "Now have I come To you with Wisdom, And in order to make Clear to you some Of the (points) on which Ye dispute: therefore fear Allah And obey me. For Allah, He is my Lord And your Lord: so worship Ye Him: this is A Straight Way."[4]

Thus, Jesus spent approximately 33 years, from his birth to his ascension, preaching Islam to the children of Israel. Prior to his apparent crucifixion, his preaching was moderately successful, as the conversion of some of his listeners indicates.

My Response:

Yes, indeed Prophet Isa (AS) was the Holy Messiah who began preaching Islam and truth when he was an infant. See the Persian Film, ?The Blessed Saint Mary', which is based on the life of Lady Maryam (AS2) and the first few hours of the life of Prophet Isa (AS) in Islamic traditions, here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=48UPtECW6Hs

We also believed he preached Islam all his life, till he was taken to Heaven by Allah (SWT) and the Gospel was given to him by Allah (SWT), confirming what was given before him and giving the Israelites glad tidings of a Prophet to come after him, whose name would be Ahmed [which is a title of the Holy Prophet Mohammad (SAWW)]:

And when Isa son of Marium said: O children of Israel! Surely I am the apostle of Allah to you, verifying that which is before me of the Taurat and giving the good news of an Apostle who will come after me, his name being Ahmad, but when he came to them with clear arguments they said: This is clear magic. (Surah as-Saff 61:6)

He was not just successful prior to his ascension, but was successful after it and is successful today, as over 1.5 billion people today, follow Islam, which was preached by his successor, the Holy Prophet Mohammad (SAWW).

He wrote:

FACT #2: The Qur'an states that Jesus won a number of followers. Since Jesus spent his entire life preaching an early form of Islam, his message to his disciples must have centered around the basic tenets of Islamic theology. These disciples would have become something similar to Muslims, which is exactly what Islam teaches about Jesus' followers:

When Jesus found Unbelief on their [i.e. the Jews'] Part He said: "Who will be My helpers to (the work Of) Allah?" Said the Disciples: "We are Allah's helpers: We believe in Allah, And do thou bear witness That we are Muslims."[5]

And behold! I inspired The Disciples [of Jesus] to have faith In Me and Mine Messenger; They said, "We have faith, And do thou bear witness That we bow to Allah As Muslims."[6]

Then, in their wake, We followed them up With (others of) Our messengers: We sent after them Jesus the son of Mary, And bestowed on him The Gospel; and We ordained In the hearts of those Who followed him Compassion and Mercy.[7]

If the Qur'an is correct, then Jesus converted at least some of the children of Israel to Islam. Though there is absolutely no historical evidence for any such conversions, let us assume for the sake of argument that there were first century Jews who believed the message of Jesus and became Muslims. As we shall see, this assumption only presents problems for Muslim apologists.

My Response:

The disciples would not have just become something similar to Muslims, but would have been Muslims (i.e. those who submit themselves to God). David says that at least some of the Children of Israel converted to Islam. Yes, that is true. The Bible also says that only some people, namely the 12 disciples, believed in the Message of Prophet Isa (AS) during his lifetime. David says that there is no historical evidence for such conversations. However, up to this day, it is not a historical fact that Prophet Isa (AS) existed. Either way, it does not make a difference, because as Muslims, we believe that the Holy Qur'an is the word of Allah (SWT), so therefore if it states that Prophet Isa (AS) spoke such-and-such a thing with his disciples, we would have to accept it.

Either way, we shall see that David Wood's distortions are false and that this belief (of the disciples being Muslims) presents no problem for Muslim apologists.

He wrote:

FACT #3: If there were first-century Jews who converted to Islam at the preaching of Jesus, they didn't last very long. The idea that Jesus' earliest followers were Muslims raises an obvious question: Why have we never heard of any Muslims existing in the first century? We have a great deal of historical information about Jesus' first-century followers, but we have no evidence at all of any Muslims. Defenders of Islam will most likely claim here that Christianity wiped out all the records of Jesus' non-Christian followers, but such a view is absurd. We have both Christian and non-Christian sources that report early Christian beliefs, yet none of these sources mention the existence of any Muslim-Christians. At the very least, we can say with absolute certainty that Jesus' death was well-known among ancient authorities, and that Jesus' earliest followers?including Peter, James, and John?came to believe that Jesus had died on the cross for their sins and that he had risen from the dead. (We also know that the disciples held Jesus to be the divine Son of God, but this isn't necessary for my argument.) All four New Testament Gospels confirm the early Christian belief in Jesus' death and resurrection, as does the book of Acts. Paul's letters also repeatedly proclaim Jesus' death and resurrection. Further, an ancient creed recorded in 1 Corinthians 15 has been dated to within a few years of Jesus' life and therefore provides extremely early testimony about Christian beliefs during the time of the apostles. It reads:

For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He appeared to Cephas [Peter], then to the twelve.[8]

My Response:

The word Muslim, simply means ?those who submit'. In this case, even the true Jews before the arrival of Prophet Isa (AS) were Muslims. The disciples did not convert to Islam, but they testified: ?we are Muslims' (Surah Ale-Imran 3:52). Notice how they said ?we are Muslims' and not ?we have become Muslims'. Islam existed long before both Judaism and Christianity. Both Judaism and Christianity came from names of Prophets after Prophet Ibrahim (AS), however the name Islam means ?submission', and this means submission to the will of Allah (SWT). Nevertheless, this is only the word in ?Arabic' so even if there is no ?first-century information' of the word ?Muslim' it does not appear, it does not matter. Jesus spoke ?Aramaic' anyway and that language is very similar to Arabic. Apparently, the original ?Aramaic' Bible is lost.

Either way, the word Muslim can translate in English as ?those who submit', meaning those who are ?obedient'. The word ?obedient' has been used many times in the Bible, when associated to the disciples. In Greek this word is: ?hypakoÁ' which means:

1) obedience, compliance, submission

2) obedience rendered to anyone's counsels, an obedience shown in observing the requirements of Christianity (Source: http://blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G5218&t=KJV)

This word basically means ?obedience' or ?submission', which is Islam. There are certain verses, which use this word and here is one such example:

Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: (1 Peter 2:13-14)

Notice how they are called ?obedient' children or in other words ?submissive children'. This can very well be ?Muslim children', because that is what the word ?Muslim' means in Arabic. Also, Peter tells them not to continue in their former lusts, during their days of ignorance. The Arabic word for ignorance is ?Jahiliyyah', and when Islam came, it also encouraged its followers not to continue their ?Jahiliyyah', i.e. their ignorance, such as them burying their daughters, inheriting women and much, much more. For more information on the ignorance of the Arabs, before Islam see the near-end of my response to Sam Shamoun's article ?Allah, the Greatest Deceiver of them All' and also an article and also see the article by Brother Sami Zaatari, on ?How Islam fixed a backwards people':

http://muslim-responses.com/The_Best_Deceiver/The_Best_Deceiver_

http://muslim-responses.com/Before_and_After/Before_and_After_

David continues to say that the disciples believe that Jesus died on the cross and was resurrected and that the disciples believed Jesus to be the divine son of God, however see this book, entitled ?Muslim-Christian Dialogue', which refutes all these issues in great detail:

http://muslimhelp.com/Islam/CMD.htm

The belief of divine sonship of Prophet Isa (AS), had started in 325 AD, by the Council of Nicea and that this belief was heavily influenced by the Roman Emperor Constantine. Before this the followers of Prophet Isa (AS) always believed him to be a mortal Prophet. The letter of James, the disciple and follower of Prophet Isa (AS) describe him as a master but not as a divine being and never mention the crucifixion, resurrection or atonement. This letter shows Prophet Isa (AS) as a human-character blessed by Allah (SWT) and not a divine being. Furthermore many more of the most ancient Christian Texts from early followers of Prophet Isa (AS) do not mention him as being crucified, resurrected or being divine. In addition in the Bible, in the letter of Prophet Isa's (AS) disciple Jude, there is a passage denouncing a group of people who are secretly corrupting the religion. See this video for proof and evidence of the Holy Qur'an being true in its unique and extraordinary claim:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=atWoYsoTA4M&feature=PlayList&p=7F101E9D874EEE66&index=3

Either way, David quoted 1 Corinthians 15:3-5, which reads:

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: (1 Corinthians 15:3-5)

This just shows a clear error from Paul, because how could Jesus appear to the 12? Judas died before this incident. The Bible says that Judas hanged himself (Matthew 27:5) and some time after he died, Jesus died on the cross in the same chapter (Matthew 27:50).

Here we see that Judas died long before Jesus, so how could Jesus have appeared to 12 after the alleged ?ressurection'? Wouldn't it be 11, whom he would appear to?

Christians may argue that Judas was replaced by Matthias, which took place in Acts 1:26. This event after Jesus allegedly appeared to the 12, because prior to Matthias being chosen, it is written in the Book of Acts:

After his suffering, he showed himself to these men and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive.  (Acts 1:3)

After this event, i.e. Jesus showing himself to the disciples as proof of him being alive, they went back to Jerusalem for prayers and supplications and later on they picked the 12th disciple (Acts 1:12-26).

So according to the Gospel of Matthew, Judas had died long before Jesus and according to Acts 1, Matthias was picked long after the alleged ressurection of Jesus. Therefore neither Matthias nor Judas could have been present at the alleged ressurection of Jesus, so there would only be 11 present after Peter (Cephas) had seen him. That proves that the statement of Paul is incorrect according to strong evidence from the other Books.

Either way, Muslims do not accept the statements of Paul and believe that he was among those who altered the Message of Prophet Isa (AS).

David also said that 1 Corinthians 15, was dated only a few years after Jesus' life. However that is not true, because Jesus is said to be born in the year 0, and 1 Corinthians was written by Paul in the year 55 AD in Ephesus (New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, page 1549).

That is 55 years after Jesus' birth and approximately 20-30 years after the alleged crucifixion and ressurection. 20-30 years, does not sound like a few, in the eyes of men, though for Allah (SWT) this can be considered ?a few', since he is ever-living (Surah al-Baqara 2:255).

He wrote:

We also have early Christian writings from outside the New Testament that report the beliefs of Jesus' followers. For instance, Clement of Rome, who was ordained as Bishop of Rome by the Apostle Peter, writes about the apostles' belief in Jesus' resurrection from the dead.[9] Polycarp, who was ordained by the Apostle John, mentions Jesus' resurrection numerous times.[10] There are even several ancient non-Christian sources that report crucial information about Jesus and the apostles. According to both the Jewish historian Josephus and the Roman historian Tacitus, Jesus was crucified during the reign of Pontius Pilate.[11] Lucian of Samosata, a Greek satirist, states, "The Christians, you know, worship a man to this day?the distinguished personage who introduced their novel rites, and was crucified on that account."[12] Even the Jewish Talmud reports the crucifixion of Jesus.[13]

My Response:

Although it is not very relevant, I would like to point out that the reader would probably had found it more convenient if David just quoted his reference on the spot rather than giving footnotes. I would advise David, to perhaps make it more convenient for readers next time.

Either way, continuing with the topic, Clement was Roman and had not even seen Jesus and was the third successor of Peter, after Linus and Anacletus. Him claiming that Jesus was resurrected is no proof for it being true. As for Polycarp, he was born in 69 CE, which was 30-40 years after the alleged crucifixion. Josephus was a Jewish historian, who was born about 1-10 years after the alleged crucifixion (as sources differ on the time he was taken up). He did not witness this event anyway. He probably heard it from his Jewish community and believed, since Allah (SWT) made it appear that way to those who planned against Prophet Isa (AS) and wanted to crucify him (Surah an-Nisa 4:157). Tacitus was Roman and was born 20-30 years after the crucifixion and did not witness it. He probably heard this conjecture as well. Lucian of Samosata was a Greek, who was born in 125 AD, nearly 100 years after the alleged incident. Furthermore, he mocks the Christians for worshiping a man, so why does David use a man who insults Christians as evidence? About the Talmud, Jews who were against Jesus wrote it and as said previously, Allah (SWT) says in the Holy Qur'an that in this incident, he made it appear to the Jews who attempted to take the life of Prophet Isa (AS), that they had crucified him, in order that he may save his Messiah (AS). All of the sources David quotes from all completely invalid because the authours were born after the alleged crucifixion, who had probably heard this event from the Jews.

David may say: ?Oh, then Allah (SWT) deceived so many into making Jesus appear to be crucified, so they would be justified in believing it'. However, that is not true, because according to the Islamic tradition it was not who was crucified. To the Romans, this would not have much, if not any, effect, because they were not familiar with the face of Prophet Isa (AS) and may not have been able to tell whether the person being crucified was the Messiah (AS) or someone else, so there would be no need to make it appear like that to them. However, the Jews, who planned against the Messiah (AS), could indeed tell the difference between the two, so Allah (SWT) made it appear that way to them (Surah an-Nisa 4:157). It was not made to appear this way to those loyal to the Message given to Prophet Isa (AS) nor to the Romans but only to the Jews who wanted him dead, so that he could be saved. This is not deception in any negative manner but is a sign of Grace towards Prophet Isa (AS), who would have been a victim of the cruelty and barbarism of most of his people (as some were loyal to him).

He wrote:

Hence, the most reasonable interpretation of the data is that the Qur'an is wrong when it says (1) that Jesus never died and (2) that Jesus' early followers were Muslims. Nevertheless, let us be generous and grant, in spite of the facts, that there were a number of first-century Muslims, but that all evidence of their existence was later destroyed by Christians. Even if we grant such an outlandish assumption, this still presents Muslims with an enormous problem: What happened to these first-century Muslims? Why was Islam replaced by belief in Jesus' sacrificial death and resurrection from the dead? Why didn't Jesus' 33 years of preaching amount to anything that lasted?

Muslims will most likely respond to these questions by arguing, once again, that Christianity corrupted Jesus' message and that the Christian church erased all memory of Jesus' Islamic teachings. However, no true Muslim should accept this position, for it conceals the true Qur'anic account of what happened.

My Response:

Hence, Prophet Isa (AS) was not killed and that his followers were Muslims [those who were submissive, i.e. to God and his Holy, Blessed Apostle, Our Messiah, Isa ibn Maryam (AS3)]. It does not matter if David quotes his so-called ?historical evidence' from people who had never seen Prophet Isa (AS) and from those who attempted to murder him.

As for the disciples being Muslims, that was explained earlier on as Peter tells his students, as obedient (Muslim) children they must not continue their previous ways of ignorance (1 Peter 2:13-14). The Greek word, which is translated as ?obedient', i.e. ?hypakoÁ', has been used in many instances in the Bible and can be translated as ?Muslim' in Arabic.

David asks: ?What happened to these first-century Muslims?'

As said before, the word Muslim, simply means ?those who submit', meaning those who are ?obedient', i.e. to Allah (SWT) and his Apostles. The disciples were indeed Muslims and who said that ?men' had to listen to what they preached. They took some of it and mixed the rest with paganism and that is why many Christian beliefs originate from Pagan beliefs. See these 2 videos for proof:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7SblyuFUM9Q

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xHoDpQaYXw4&feature=related

David further asks: ?Why was Islam replaced by belief in Jesus' sacrificial death and resurrection from the dead?'

People changed the religion and wanted it to resemble to the pagans of old, in order that the followers of certain polytheist religions may join the corrupted faith and go astray. They made Jesus a figure that took away sins, which was very similar to pagan Gods before. See the following link for proof:

http://answering-christianity.com/abdul-rahman_klimaszewski/borrowing_from_pagans.htm

In addition, David also asks: ?Why didn't Jesus' 33 years of preaching amount to anything that lasted?'

Oh, but it did and did so even further upon the arrival of the Greatest of Allah's (SWT) creation, the Holy Prophet Mohammad (SAWW), because although a lot of Christianity is borrowed from pagan beliefs of old, a lot of it, yet, is alive and well. For instance, Christians still believe Prophet Isa (AS) is the Messiah sent by Allah (SWT), Lady Maryam (AS2) is a virgin, Prophet Moses, Abraham, Jacob, Joseph, Noah and the others (AS3) were still Messengers of God. Furthermore many acts in Christianity, considered ?sins' are right, for instance, many Christians believe it is a sin to commit adultery, to kill, to steal, to rape, to worship idols etc. Although a lot of the Christian doctrine comes from paganism, it still has a lot of righteousness in it, so the preaching of Prophet Isa (AS) did amount to something.

Furthermore, his preaching is the reason why Islam is so strong today and was so strong after the liberation of Mecca. He is the one who prophesied many times, the advent of the final Prophet of God, who would fulfill the covenant with mankind and would give us guidelines for a perfect lifestyle (though many today, who claim to follow Shari'a are corrupted liars, who add their own false man-made rules into it, which were never part of Islam, but were part of the pagan practices which Islam abolished). He was the reason why many Christians had come to embrace Islam. If Prophet Isa (AS) had not come, these people would have been pagans and would never have any news of the Greatest and final Holy Prophet to come.

The belief that Christianity corrupted Jesus' message does not at all conceal the account of the Holy Qur'an on what happened.

No one says that the Christian church erased all memory of Jesus' Islamic teachings. They changed many teachings to resemble them with Ancient Pagan Sources, but did not wipe out every single bit of the Divine Islamic Message given to Prophet Isa (AS). As said before, there are still certain parts of Christianity still divine and Islamic, such as not being allowed to kill, steal, commit adultery, to worship idols etc. All that being answered and explained, let's see what David goes on to say.

He wrote:

FACT #4: The Qur'an states that Allah deceived people into believing that Jesus had died on the cross. According to the Qur'an, Jesus was able to convert at least some Jews to Islam. But we know from history that Jesus' early followers became convinced of his death and resurrection. Hence, the obvious reason that there were no Muslims after Jesus ascended into heaven is that all of Jesus' followers came to believe that he died on the cross and rose from the dead. And where did they get this idea? According to Islam, the idea that Jesus died on the cross was started by Allah:

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus The son of Mary, The Messenger of Allah"?But they killed him not, Nor crucified him, But so it was made To appear to them, And those who differ Therein are full of doubts, With no (certain) knowledge, But only conjecture to follow, For of a surety They killed him not?Nay, Allah raised him up Unto Himself; and Allah Is Exalted in Power, Wise.[14]

My Response:

Why does David purposely twist the words of the Holy Qur'an. Nowhere in this verse does it say: ?Allah (SWT) deceived people into believing that Jesus had died on the cross.' The verse never uses the word deceive, nor does it say that Allah (SWT) deceived ?people' into believing Prophet Isa (AS) died. The verse tells us that it was the Jews who planned to kill Prophet Isa (AS), who were made to see the crucified man as Prophet Isa (AS) and does not say that ?people' were deceived.

The early followers of Prophet Isa (AS) never preached or believed in the doctrine of the crucifixion and ressurection. The works of these men were corrupted by men, who mixed it with pagan beliefs, to make it look like Prophet Isa (AS) died to give people a chance for salvation, just like other Pagan Gods such as, Hesus of the Celtic Druids, Prometheus of Caucasus and many others (see here). It was men like Paul who changed the doctrine and taught crucifixion and divinity of Prophet Isa (AS).

There were no Muslims after Prophet Isa (AS) ascended into heaven, not because his followers believed that he was resurrected and crucified. David just makes this assumption, because to him, there is no other answer or solution for Muslims. Yet he never realises, that as Muslims, there are other answers and I explained that the followers of Prophet Isa (AS) never taught ressurection and crucifixion but that these doctrines were added in by men who wanted to make the Religion resemble with the beliefs of Ancient Pagans.

According to Islam, the idea that Prophet Isa (AS) died on the cross, was not because of Allah (SWT), but because of men who had corrupted the Religion and did not pay attention to the words of Prophet Isa (AS) and his true Muslim followers (RA3).

Let us analyse the verse quoted by David:

And their saying: Surely we have killed the Messiah, Isa son of Marium, the apostle of Allah; and they did not kill him nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them so (like Isa) and most surely those who differ therein are only in a doubt about it; they have no knowledge respecting it, but only follow a conjecture, and they killed him not for sure. (Surah an-Nisa 4:157)

David believes that this verse claims that every single person, whether good or bad, was deceived into believing that Prophet Isa (AS) was crucified. However that is not true. The verse clearly says that those who boasted that they had killed the Messiah (AS) did not really kill him nor crucify him, but this event was made to appear to them. Clearly, from the words of the verse, anyone who understands English can tell that it refers to those who boasted that they had killed the Messiah (i.e. those among the Jews that despised him and rejected him). This was done in order that to save the Holy Messiah (AS) from being crucified and was done only to those accursed rejecters of truth, who wanted to continue in their deviant and wicked ways of life.

The disciples did not see Jesus being crucified, since they did not boast that they had killed him. This is clear from the verse. They had preached the truth, but people had corrupted their words. Corrupted men, who wanted the religion of Allah (SWT) to be mingled with pagan beliefs, invented the doctrine of crucifixion, ressurection and atonement. Allah (SWT) never invented this idea.

He wrote:

Even if we allow that Allah's only goal was to deceive the people who wanted to kill Jesus, it is clear that the disciples also fell for Allah's deception. So who is responsible for the Christian belief that Jesus died on the cross? If Islam is correct, God started this idea when he decided to trick Jesus' enemies into thinking that they had killed Jesus. This leads to even more problems. If the deception of the disciples was unintentional, then we must conclude that God didn't realize that he was about to start the largest false religion in the world. If it was intentional, then God is in the business of starting false religions. Therefore, the God of Islam is either dreadfully ignorant or maliciously deceptive.

My Response:

It is not ?clear that the disciples also saw Prophet Isa (AS) being crucified' as David claims. David needs evidence to back up this claim, which is accepted by Muslims. Up till now he has no evidence. The disciples never preached this doctrine, but their words were corrupted, as I said before. The verse in the Holy Qur'an says that it was only those who boasted that they killed Prophet Isa (AS). This was in response to their wickedness, their rejection of the Messiah (AS) and their lusts and greed to continue their previous deviant ways, which Prophet Isa (AS) was sent by Allah (SWT) to correct.

Yes, Prophet Isa's (AS) enemies were made to see him, though it was really. However, it was not Allah (SWT) who began this idea. The disciples were not made to see Prophet Isa (AS), since the verse only says that it was those who boasted that they killed the Messiah (AS), who were cursed, because of their wickedness. It was explained above that the disciples preached the truth, but it was men who corrupted these teachings to resemble Ancient Pagan beliefs, so that more followers would be attracted to Christianity.

It is not intentional nor is it unintentional, but Allah (SWT) never cursed the disciples, into seeing Prophet Isa (AS) crucified, but he only cursed the Jews, who attempted to take the life of the Messiah (AS), into seeing this. So Allah (SWT) is neither ignorant nor deceptive. All Praise belongs to Allah (SWT) who is neither of these, but is rather all knowing (al-A'leem) and is the true one (al-Haqq).

Such is the bounty from God: And sufficient is it that God knoweth all. (Surah an-Nisa 4:70 - Abdullah Yusuf Ali)

The Arabs of the desert are the worst in Unbelief and hypocrisy, and most fitted to be in ignorance of the command which God hath sent down to His Apostle: But God is All-knowing, All-Wise. (Surah at-Tawba 9:97 - Abdullah Yusuf-Ali)

Some of the desert Arabs look upon their payments as a fine, and watch for disasters for you: on them be the disaster of evil: for God is He That heareth and knoweth (all things). (Surah at-Tawba 9:98 - Abdullah Yusuf Ali)

Then are they sent back to Allah, their Master, the True one; now surely His is the judgment and He is swiftest in taking account. (Surah al-Anam 6:62)

There are many more verses from the Holy Qur'an about these titles of Allah (SWT) and he is neither ignorant, nor deceptive, while David Wood is both, as illustrated throughout this article (he adds his own words to verses of the Holy Qur'an and completely misinterprets even the literal meaning of the verses he quotes, showing his deception and ignorance).

He wrote:

Muhammad's position also means that Jesus was the greatest failure in the history of the prophets. He spent 33 years preaching (again, he began preaching Islamic theology at birth), yet shortly after his death, the children of Israel were divided into two broad camps. Those who believed his message became Christians, all of whom were guilty of the worst sin imaginable (shirk[15]), while those who rejected his message were guilty of rejecting one of God's greatest messengers. Thus, whether people believed in Jesus or rejected him, everyone would ultimately be condemned and cast into the hellfire. It's strange, then, that Muslims consider Jesus to be one of the greatest prophets ever. It seems that he should have been able to win at least one lasting convert to Islam. But he didn't. Further, a true prophet of Islam should have warned his followers not to turn away from Islam by falling for God's deception. But Jesus never got that message across. Indeed, millions of people from around the world now refuse to accept Islam because they believe that Jesus died on the cross for their sins, a teaching that goes back to a deceptive God and an incompetent Messiah.

My Response:

The position of the Holy Prophet Mohammad (SAWW) does not at all show that Prophet Isa (AS) was the greatest failure in the history of Prophets. All Praise be to Allah (SWT), because he is successful up to this day because 100s of millions of people today [literally billions, but most ?Christians' and many ?Muslims' today are astray, doing many Haram (forbidden) acts], from among Muslims and Christians, obey his true Message of Monotheism, prayer, charity, abstaining from lust, adultery and other sins. As said before, despite the fact that men had corrupted his Message and had gone astray, they still had some of the Divine Message with them and Islam was not completely dead, for instance, they were taught not to kill, steal, commit adultery, worship idols, bear false witness and many other acts that are a part of Islam.

Furthermore, although the Message was corrupted, Prophet Isa (AS) was the reason why many Christians, who had pagan ancestors, had converted to Islam in Arabia and other Nations and today many Christians convert to Islam because of studying the Bible and analysing the prophecies of the final Prophet to come after Prophet Isa (AS). To see more on that visit the following link:

http://cambridgemuslims.net/Islam/CMD.htm - PART 2: Muhammad in the Bible

So the work of Prophet Isa (AS) was not a waste of time, he was not a failure and his success lives up to this day. Out of those who believed the Message of Prophet Isa (AS), all were not Mushrikeen [those who commit Shirk, i.e. associating partners with Allah (SWT)], as claimed by David. Up to this day, there are good Christians, i.e. Jehovah's Witness Christians, Unitarians and maybe some other sects, who do not do Shirk. The are Monotheists and believe, like Muslims, that there is only one God, who is completely singular and unique, he has no partners, that Trinity is false and Prophet Isa (AS) was not divine or the son of God, but was a great Prophet of Allah (SWT), the Messiah and an example to mankind.

As for those who rejected Prophet Isa (AS), they are indeed guilty of rejecting one of the greatest Messengers of Allah (SWT).

David says, that whether people believed in Prophet Isa (AS) or not, they would end up in hell either way. Where does he get his ignorance? Many early Christians and Christians today, such as Jehovah's Witnesses and Unitarian Christians, reject the concept of Trinity and do not commit Shirk. Furthermore, those Christians, who were raised in believing this, without having been sent a warner or an Apostle, were not guilty or condemned as Allah (SWT) says in the Holy Qur'an:

Whoever goes aright, for his own soul does he go aright; and whoever goes astray, to its detriment only does he go astray: nor can the bearer of a burden bear the burden of another, nor do We chastise until We raise an apostle. (Surah Bani Israel 17:15)

Therefore, Allah (SWT) does not condemn until he sends a Messenger to people, to correct their deviant ways, meaning that Christians and Jews, in the past, would not be condemned. David Wood has such ridiculous views on Islam and all his articles, as well as the articles his associates, have weak information, with little or no substance.

It is not strange at all that we believe Prophet Isa (AS) to be among the Greatest Messengers of Allah (SWT). David's reason for this claim have all been refuted above and throughout the article.

He did not just win one to Islam, but because of his arrival, tens of millions (maybe more) Christians have embraced Islam, so he has won millions of converts to Islam up to this day. In addition, there are millions of Christians up to this day who still hold to his message of monotheism and are not very different to Muslims (the Jehovah's Witness sect and the Unitarian Christians). So David's claim is false, in saying that Prophet Isa (AS) won no convert to Islam, because indeed he won millions to Islam and millions still hold to his Message of Monotheism and truth (though they still have a few false doctrines, they never commit Shirk and embrace Tawheed, which is Islamic Monotheism).

David says that a true Prophet, should have warned his followers not to believe he was killed. However, he did not need to warn them at all, because they were never cursed by Allah (SWT) because the verse (Surah an-Nisa 4:157) says that only those Jews, who boasted that they murdered the Messiah, were given this curse. His followers always knew the truth and preached the truth, but men had turned away from the truth.

Yes, millions of Christians today do believe that Prophet Isa (AS) had died for their sins, but this teaching does not go back to Allah (SWT) or his Holy Messiah (AS). It goes back to mistrust towards Prophet Isa (AS) and his true followers. It also goes back to mingling the true divine Message, with pagan beliefs of old (again, see here). Allah (SWT) is not deceptive but is Merciful and Graceful to those who follow righteousness and Prophet Isa (AS) is not incompetent, but is a true Blessed Messiah, who is successful up to this day.

He wrote:

Allah Spreads the False Religion He Accidentally Started

If we follow the teachings of Islam through to their logical conclusion, we see that God either intentionally or unintentionally started Christianity. But the Qur'an doesn't stop there. Instead of correcting the mess he made, Allah took Christianity to the next level.

FACT #5: The Qur'an states that Allah helped spread Christianity. Once God had caused belief in Jesus death and resurrection, he then worked diligently to aid the Christians in spreading their false message:

O you who believe! be helpers (in the cause) of Allah, as [Jesus] son of Marium said to (his) disciples: Who are my helpers in the cause of Allah? The disciples said: We are helpers (in the cause) of Allah. So a party of the children of Israel believed and another party disbelieved; then We aided those who believed against their enemy, and they became uppermost.[16]

 My Response:

Where does it say anywhere, that Allah (SWT) spread Christianity? This is David's ignorance.

What mess did Allah (SWT) make? None. All of those claims were refuted above. It was the mistrust, corruption and wickedness of men that led to these false doctrines being made, from borrowing Ancient Pagan Beliefs.

Allah (SWT) did not cause belief in the death and ressurection of Prophet Isa (AS). Again it was the mistrust, corruption and wickedness of men that led to these false doctrines being made, from borrowing Ancient Pagan Beliefs, though the disciples had preached the truth.

Let us analyse the verse quoted by David:

O you who believe! be helpers (in the cause) of Allah, as [Jesus] son of Marium said to (his) disciples: Who are my helpers in the cause of Allah? The disciples said: We are helpers (in the cause) of Allah. So a party of the children of Israel believed and another party disbelieved; then We aided those who believed against their enemy, and they became uppermost. (Surah as-Saff 61:14)

Where does it say in the entirety of this verse that Allah (SWT) had aided Christians in spreading their Message?

It states that one party of Bani Israel (the Children of Israel) had disbelieved while the other believed and those who believed were aided and victorious. Those who disbelieved attempted to kill the Messiah (AS) while those who believed wanted their Messiah (AS) safe from the harm of the wicked rejecters. Allah (SWT) aided those who believed, by saving Prophet Isa (AS) and forsaking those among the Jews, who were accursed and rejected the divine Message, brought to them. Let's continue.

He wrote:

This verse is extremely important, for it means that Allah helped the followers of Jesus against the Jews who rejected Jesus, and that these followers "became uppermost." So who were these followers of Jesus who became stronger than the Jews? The only people in history who fit such a description are orthodox Christians, who believe in Jesus' death, resurrection, and divinity. In other words, Muslims can't claim here that Jesus' message was corrupted and that the true Gospel was wiped out, because that clearly isn't the group that the Qur'an refers to in this passage. Even if there was a group of first century Muslim-Christians, this group never gained an upper hand over anyone. Indeed, they must have been snuffed out immediately. The only group of Jesus' followers that ever became strong enough to overshadow the Jews was composed of Christians, once Christianity had spread throughout the Roman Empire. These Christians believed in the foundational doctrines that Christians hold even today. Yet, according to the Qur'an, Allah helped these people rise to power!

He wrote:

This verse does not say that the followers of Prophet Isa (AS) became stronger than Jews. It says that they were assisted by Allah (SWT) and in the end they prevailed, meaning that they were victorious as the wicked attempt of the rejecters, which was to kill Prophet Isa (AS), was crushed, making the disciples have the upper hand. It does not have to mean, that they physically prevailed over them.

This can mean that those who believed had prevailed in the end because they had escaped the persecution of the rejecters and began to preach. Eventually they were given the upper hand, because their followers started to believe and increase until thus they had gotten the upper hand. Later on, however, the Message started to be corrupted by men. This makes perfect sense and has no confusion, deception or incompetence.

David says that, even if there was a group of first century ?Muslim-Christians' they had never gained the upper hand over anyone.

I do not know why he says ?Muslim-Christians' because there is no such thing. The followers of Prophet Isa (AS) were Muslims and the word ?Christian' was used long after the departure of Prophet Isa (AS). Yes, the disciples did gain the upper hand, against the rejecters, because the rejecters did not manage to achieve their wicked goals, to kill Prophet Isa (AS). ?Upper Hand' here refers to victory and the victory was achieved because Prophet Isa (AS) survived the attempt on his life, while another man was killed in his place.

He wrote:

How, then, did Christianity spread and become the dominant world religion? It spread by the power of Allah! And who started the Christian message about Jesus' death on the cross? God invented this message! Even non-Christian historians are convinced that Jesus' death is one of history's best-established facts.[17] Where did historians get this idea? They got it from God, who tricked so many people into believing in Jesus' death that we now have tons of historical evidence for this event. Since there are roughly two billion Christians on earth at the present moment, it seems that Jesus and God are responsible for starting the only religion in the world that overshadows Islam.

My Response:

It is needless to provide a response here, because since one of his two ?steps' in attempting to prove that Allah (SWT) spread Christianity is refuted, the rest of them are pretty much useless. It is like a Math problem. If one of the ?steps' in an answer is wrong the whole answer is wrong. However I will still respond to what David says here.

Allah (SWT) did not spread Christianity. David has no proof for that. That is his false interpretation of the verse. The verse says that Allah (SWT) aided the disciples and they prevailed over the wicked rejecters of Prophet Isa (AS), meaning that the rejecters did not achieve their evil agenda of killing Prophet Isa (AS) and thus the disciples were victorious over them.

Furthermore, Allah (SWT) did not start the idea of crucifixion. David is making false assumptions. It was proven above that Allah (SWT) only cursed the rejecters who boasted that they killed Prophet Isa (AS), by making them see Judas as Prophet Isa (AS). The disciples had preached the truth but it was men who corrupted the Message in order to wanted it to resemble to Ancient Pagan beliefs (again see here).

It does not matter if a non-Christian, born in 1934 believes Jesus was crucified. It is not a fact. How can it be a fact, if the existence of Jesus is not even a fact? Historians did not get the idea from Allah (SWT). They got the idea from those who attempted to kill Prophet Isa (AS) and those who corrupted the Message of Prophet Isa (AS). David says that there is tons of historical evidence for this event, however there is also tons of historical evidence against this event.

David says that it is Prophet Isa (AS) and Allah (SWT), who are responsible for starting the only religion in the world that overshadows Islam. However that claim is false. It was neither Prophet Isa (AS) nor Allah (SWT) who invented this issue. As said before, it was corrupted men, who had changed the religion to be similar to Ancient Pagan beliefs. As for Christianity overshadowing Islam, eventually Islam will overshadow Christianity because millions of people are converting to Islam every year and Islam will be the Dominant Religion in the World, Insha' Allah (Allah willing).

He wrote:

If Islam Is True . . .

Needless to say, I think the Islamic view is extremely problematic. It requires us to believe that God deceived billions of people. God even led Jesus' followers astray by tricking so many people into believing that Jesus died. This could have been avoided if God hadn't been so intent on deceiving people. But this leads to more questions: Why would God want people to believe that Jesus was dead when he really wasn't? Muslims can't argue that God did it to protect Jesus from the Jews or Romans, since God was taking Jesus away safely anyway. So, why would God want to give Jesus' enemies the satisfaction of seeing Jesus killed? Why not raise Jesus up without deceiving everyone about it? There seems to be no reason at all for God to deceive these people, especially since such a deception would soon lead to the formation of Christianity.

My Response:

Needless to say, it is proven that the Islamic view has no problems at all. It does not require us to believe that Allah (SWT) deceived billions of people. It just says that Allah (SWT) cursed those Jews, who planned to kill the Messiah, by making it appear this way to them (in order to save his Holy Messiah) (Surah an-Nisa 4:157).

He says that Allah (SWT) even tricked the followers of Prophet Isa (AS) into believing he died. Apparently he has no proof at all for this false claim. Let's respond to the questions by David Wood:

Question: Why would God want people to believe that Jesus was dead when he really wasn't?

Answer: Allah (SWT) did not want people to believe that his Messiah (AS) was dead, because he wasn't. He did however curse the rejecters of his Prophethood, by making it appear this way to them, so that he could save Prophet Isa (AS). It was corrupted men who wanted people to believe Prophet Isa (AS) had died for their sins, so that what was Islam, would turn into a Belief, that is partially correct, but also has traces of Ancient Paganism within, so that they could attract people from that belief towards Christianity.

Question: Muslims can't argue that God did it to protect Jesus from the Jews or Romans, since God was taking Jesus away safely anyway. So, why would God want to give Jesus' enemies the satisfaction of seeing Jesus killed?

Answer: It was not about the enemies of Prophet Isa (AS) being given satisfaction. I believe that it was about trust. Allah (SWT) was testing the would-be followers of the disciples, whether they would follow what the Jews saw or would follow the disciples, who were not cursed by Allah (SWT). Apparently as time went along, the Christians had deviated from the true path and believed that Jesus died for their sins.

Question: Why not raise Jesus up without deceiving everyone about it? There seems to be no reason at all for God to deceive these people, especially since such a deception would soon lead to the formation of Christianity.

Answer: Allah (SWT) is most wise. There are many things that he knows, which we do not. Just because he makes a decision and us, as human beings with many limitations, cannot find a reason in him doing so, does not mean that there is no reason at all or that Allah (SWT) made a wrong decision. Nevertheless, to my knowledge, I believe that there is an immediate answer for this question.

It is just like an Atheist asking: ?Why didn't Allah (SWT) just give everyone signs to believe in him, rather than just expecting them to believe?' Well if we think broadly, we can discover that both questions have essentially the same answer.

Allah (SWT) did not want to immediately give people the answer and the truth, because he wanted there to be a distinction between those wicked, unjust people, who narrow and limit themselves to the vain pleasures of this world and those who broaden their minds, think, believe, trust and abstain from the pleasures of this world, so they can have a greater life in the hereafter.

With this answer in mind, it is quite useless to answer Wood's question, but I will do so for the reader's convenience. Allah (SWT) made a distinction between the pious, blessed followers of Prophet Isa (AS) who saw and witnessed the truth and believed and the accursed, wicked rejecters of the Holy Messiah (AS) who saw and witnessed the truth and believed. He wanted the people to think on whether they would pursue the true view of the followers of Prophet Isa (AS), which was that the Messiah (AS) was saved by Allah (SWT) or the false, deluded view of the rejecters that Jesus was crucified. It was essentially a test to separate the true believers from the wicked disbelievers.

Furthermore, this curse upon the Jews did not lead to the formation of Christianity. It was the mingling of the divine Message with pagan beliefs that led to this. The corrupters of the Religion wanted to ruin the religion and make it be as much pagan as possible, by making the Holy Messiah (AS) similar to pagan figures of the past, who were said to have died to give people a chance for salvation and resurrected 3 days later (again see here).

He wrote:

This is a difficult pill to swallow, yet Islam forces us to view the origin of Christianity in this way. If Islam is true, God deceives people who believe the prophets he sends. If Islam is true, God spreads false teachings until they become dominant in the world. If Islam is true, Jesus, the Messiah, was completely incompetent and should never have been sent by God, since Jesus' life ended up leading more people astray than any other life in history. Because the Muslim view is at odds with any traditional understanding of God's nature (including the Islamic understanding), Islam is an incoherent religious system, which should be rejected by all rational people. Islam has a poor and contemptible explanation for the origin of Christianity. If Islam is true, the existence of Christianity makes no sense at all.

My Response:

It is only difficult for you to understand this concept because you do not open your mind and think broadly. There are many questions I have about Christianity and honestly, I have thought up answers and solutions to many of these problems myself. With the solutions in mind to particular questions, I never try to confuse Christians by asking them, something, which I know has a solution, unless of course I can respond to the solution I drew up etc. I would advise David to think up answers to his some of his own questions about Islam and I know some of his questions are very absurd and not worth answering. He knows that there are Muslim Responses to these answers, yet he continues being deceptive by repeating the same questions throughout his debates, as I have witnessed.

Continuing on with the topic, if Islam is true, Allah (SWT) does not deceive believers of his Prophets (AS3). David has no proof for this. The believers were never deceived, because the verse (Surah an-Nisa 4:157-158) says that only those Jewish rejecters of Prophet Isa (AS), were given the curse of being deluded and seeing the figure of Judas as Prophet Isa (AS).

If Islam is true, Allah (SWT) does not at all spread false teachings. This has been refuted thoroughly above. It was people who spread false teachings by making the true Divine teachings resemble pagan teachings of old, by inventing the false doctrines of crucifixion, atonement and ressurection.

If Islam is true, Isa (AS), the Holy Messiah, was completely successful and should have been sent by Allah (SWT), because his Message had led many people to becoming far better then they were as pagans. Though the people ended up believing in many corrupted doctrines, they still believed in many true teachings, such as not killing, stealing, committing adultery, worshiping idols etc. Furthermore, those who believed in him were far more likely to convert to Islam than pagans, because they had read the Prophesies in the Gospel and the Torah about the Holy Prophet Mohammad (SAWW). They witnessed his life and saw how the events resembled his life. Prophet Isa (AS) was the reason why Muslims were far more victorious than they would have been, had he not come. Much more, was explained on this issue above.

Islam is not at odds with the understanding of Allah's (SWT) nature, it is completely coherent and should be embraced by all people. Islam has a perfect explanation of the origin of Christianity, which is that they imitate the doctrines of those who disbelieved before them, i.e. pagans (Surah at-Tawba 9:30). This claim of Islam has a lot of evidence from history (again see here). If Islam is true, the origin of Christianity makes perfect sense.

He wrote:

Christianity, on the other hand, easily accounts for the rise of Islam. Indeed, if Christianity is true, the rise of Islam makes perfect sense. If it isn't immediately clear why Christianity entails the rise of religions such as Islam, consider the following line of thought.

If Christianity is true, then the following statements are also true:

(1) People can only come to God through Jesus Christ.
(2) Satan is a real spirit being who wants to keep people from God.
[18]

My Response:

If Christianity is true, people can only come to God through Jesus Christ (John 14:6). However, this statement does not have to be taken literally. It can mean that people can only come to Go, through belief that Jesus is the true Messiah and not an impostor.

It does not necessarily mean that to go to Heaven, people have to believe Jesus died for their sins.

Yes, Satan is the being that wants to keep people away from Allah (SWT).

He wrote:

With these statements in mind, let's see if we can figure out a little something about Satan. Now, if Satan wants to keep people from God, and if the way to God is through Jesus Christ, what would Satan's highest priority be? His main goal wouldn't be to get people to lead immoral lives (though he would prefer that we do, since this corrupts God's created order); instead, his primary aim would be to incite people to reject Christ, for this rejection is what keeps them separated from God.

My Response:

His goal would be to make people lead immoral lives, because Prophets (AS3) were sent by Allah (SWT) to create order, peace, justice and structure to corrupted societies. Satan wants to have people continue living astray. Before belief in Prophets (AS3) people would have to live moral lives, because that is the reason the Prophets (AS3) were sent. If a person believes in Prophets and leads immoral lives, then he is truly astray. It is like someone being against slavery and having 100 slaves. It is pure hypocrisy. Satan would want people to be like that and most Christians today do lead immoral lives, in the hope that their sins will be paid by Jesus. That is what Satan wants and that is what is happening because of Christianity (though many of them, yet, believe the truth, are moral and pure monotheists rather than tritheists).

His secondary goal would be to get people to reject Prophets (AS3), because they were the blessed beings sent by Allah (SWT) to stop these people continuing deviant, immoral paths.

Islam, neither gets people to live immoral lives, nor gets people to reject Prophet Isa (AS). On the contrary, Islam orders its followers to believe in the Holy Messiah (AS) and the other Prophets and if they do not believe, then they are far astray (Surah an-Nisa 4:136).

He wrote:

But how would Satan convince people to reject Christ? We should note here that there are plenty of people in the world who simply don't care about God. Satan doesn't have to worry about them, because they aren't interested in salvation anyway. Since his goal is to keep as many people from God as possible, we would expect Satan to be more focused on people who are to some extent concerned with religious matters. There are two ways to keep such people from God. Satan would either have to convince them that all "religious talk" is nonsense (i.e. by spreading secularism, which we see around the world) or he would have to offer them a substitute for the truth (i.e. a religion that rejects what is necessary for salvation).

Thus, if Christianity is true, we would expect Satan to inspire religions that reject Christ's sacrificial death and resurrection, even though these religions may be similar to Christianity in other (non-essential) respects. Now that we have a clear picture of what we would predict if Christianity were true, let us see how Islam matches up with our prediction.

My Response:

I agree with every word you say in the first paragraph. However in the next paragraph you state that Satan would inspire religions to reject the death and resurrection of Prophet Isa (AS). However that is not true, because if his criteria was true, then that would mean that all the all of the Earliest Beliefs of Christians, the letter of James and Jude, the followers of Prophet Isa (AS) and all the earliest religious evidence, which shows nothing of Prophet Isa's (AS) divinity, crucifixion, resurrection and atonement would be rejected for something else written long after and information that was cherry-picked by men who were corrupters of the Divine Religion and blood-thirsty conquerors and barbaric murderers, such as Constantine (see this video).

This is not the Christian criteria but the criteria of Constantine and the Council of Nicea and let us see that Islam cannot match with the criteria of David, Constantine and the Council of Nicea.

He wrote:

The message of Islam is something like this: "Believe in God. Do good deeds. If you do enough of them, you'll get to heaven. Respect Jesus, for he was a mighty prophet, who delivered God's message to the children of Israel. Also believe that Jesus was born of a virgin, that he performed many miracles, and that he was the Messiah. But whatever you do, don't believe that he died on the cross for your sins. And don't believe that he rose from the dead. In fact, the worst possible sin you can commit is to believe that Jesus is the Son of God." Notice that Islam rejects Christianity's essential requirements for salvation while accepting certain other doctrines. For instance, Muslims are commanded to believe in God, but even Satan and his demons believe in God. Muslims are commanded to do good deeds, but all religions teach this. Muslims are allowed to believe certain things about Jesus (such as his prophet status and virgin birth), but these beliefs do not save a person. Yet when we come to beliefs that are essential for salvation?the deity of Christ, his death on the cross, and his resurrection from the dead?we find that Islam is violently opposed to these crucial doctrines.[19] Islam, then, looks exactly like the religion we predicted that Satan would form, for it denies what is necessary for people to come to God.

My Response:

The Message of Islam is a little like what David says, i.e. we have to believe in Allah (SWT), do good deeds, seek forgiveness, never wrong others, be just, be kind, be generous, give charity, pray, show respect to elders etc. Also we have to believe in, not just Prophet Isa (AS), but all Prophets and Angels sent by Allah (SWT) (Surah an-Nisa 4:136).

However David states that Islam teaches that ?whatever we do we must not believe that Prophet Isa (AS) rose from the dead, was crucified for atonement of us or that Prophet Isa (AS) was the Son of God'.

Although it is true that we must not believe in these man-made doctrines of Prophet Isa (AS) being the divine son of God, rising from the Dead, compensating for the sins of others or being crucified. That part is true. However, it is not that ?whatever we do' we must not believe this. David is implying that Muslims can do anything as long as we do not do believe in Prophet Isa's (AS) resurrection, crucifixion or divinity. Apparently his implication is false because we cannot do many things, for instance we cannot worship idols, force disbelievers to be Muslims, kill innocents, kill women and children during battle, hate others, be unjust and others, apart from believing that Prophet Isa (AS) was resurrected, crucified and divine. Furthermore, it was proven that the earliest texts and followers of Christianity and of Prophet Isa (AS) did not believe in his ressurection, crucifixion, sonship and divinity (again see this video).

David says that Muslims are required to believe in Allah (SWT) but even demons believe this. However, the difference is that Muslims are required to act according to the orders and Message of Allah (SWT) while demons do the opposite of what Allah (SWT) commands. They believe he exists yet they reject his orders. There is a big difference.

David states that Muslims are commanded to do good but all religions teach this. Not all religions teach this, however I would say most religions today probably do teach this. The difference is that the majority of those very religions also teach other things, such as idol-worship, sacrifices to idols, pig-eating, drinking alcohol and other things. However Islam does not just teach us to be good, but gives us the perfect criteria of how to live, which is far better than what any religions teach, according to Muslims, such as not being allowed to drink, eat pork, eat from meat of animals who were already dead etc.

Now David believes that Islam is from Satan because it rejects the man-made doctrines of Constantine and the Council of Nicea, made long after Christ's death (again see this video).

Islam does not deny what is necessary to come to Allah (SWT) but denies the doctrines and man-made beliefs, which tell others what is necessary to come to Allah (SWT), which is wrong.

Anyway, let us examine David's clearly false claims that Islam is from Satan, from my response to Shamoun who claimed the very same thing:

It is impossible for anyone, other than those who have limited brains, to associate the message given to the Holy Prophet Mohammad (SAWW) with Satan, the accursed. With David's absurd belief, let us see whether he believes Satan is the one who brought the following reforms for baby-girls, little children, orphans, women and slaves as well as reforms to society in general [such as reforms to drunkenness, idolatry, gambling and may other filthy acts (Note that these reforms are not even a page of the great reforms Islam brought to not just Arabia but to the world)]:

-          Prior to Islam, the pagans had a tradition of burying used to get so grieved and angered when a newly born girl was born, that they would hide themselves from the people because of shame and wonders whether he should keep her with disgrace or bury her alive. Islam stopped this barbaric action. Allah (SWT) talks about this incidence in the Holy Qur'an as an evil act. He also says in the Holy Qur'an he shall ask the baby child-girl, who was buried alive, why this had happened to her and what crime she committed (as a witness against the criminals who committed this barbaric act). Also and also forbids us from killing our children out of financial worry, saying that he will provide them and us with bounty and that killing them is a great sin:

And when a daughter is announced to one of them his face becomes black and he is full of wrath.

He hides himself from the people because of the evil of that which is announced to him. Shall he keep it with disgrace or bury it (alive) in the dust? Now surely evil is what they judge. (Surah an-Nahl 16:59-60)

And when the female infant buried alive is asked

For what sin she was killed.

Every soul shall (then) know what it has prepared.

 (Surah at-Takwir 81:8-9, 14)

And do not kill your children for fear of poverty; We give them sustenance and yourselves (too); surely to kill them is a great wrong. (Surah Bani Israel 17:31)

-          Prior to Islam, the woman was not given her wedding gift (dowry) from her husband for free. In the Holy Qur'an Allah (SWT) ordered us to give women their wedding gifts (dowries) for free, unless they themselves give up a portion of it to you (as an act of charity):

And give women their dowries as a free gift, but if they of themselves be pleased to give up to you a portion of it, then eat it with enjoyment and with wholesome result. (Surah an-Nisa 4:4)

-          The Arabs prior to Islam, used to inherit women. There was a tradition that the son would inherit his stepmother or his father's slave-girl after the father dies. Also the pagans prior to Islam took back the wedding gifts they gave to their women and also did not treat their women kindly. Islam prohibited the inheritance of women and ordered believers not to take back the wedding gifts that they gave to women, unless they are guilty of sexual immorality, and to treat them with kindness:

O you who believe! It is not lawful for you that you should take women as heritage against (their) will, and do not straighten them in order that you may take part of what you have given them, unless they are guilty of manifest indecency, and treat them kindly; then if you hate them, it may be that you dislike a thing while Allah has placed abundant good in it. (Surah an-Nisa 4:19)

-          The Arabs did not allow women any rights of inheritance prior to Islam. They were no better than slaves to their husbands or those who owned them. The Arabs were astonished that the Holy Prophet Mohammad (SAWW) gave women rights of inheritance, because this was very new and just to them. Islam ordered a definite right of inheritance for woman, whether the deceased person, whose wealth was being handed out, was poor or rich:

Men shall have a portion of what the parents and the near relatives leave, and women shall have a portion of what the parents and the near relatives leave, whether there is little or much of it; a stated portion. (Surah an-Nisa 4:7)

-          Prior to Islam, there was it was OK for the Arabs to consume the property of orphans and substitute worthless things for their good property. Islam forbade this act and Allah (SWT) condemned to hell, those who consumed the property of orphans:

And give to the orphans their property, and do not substitute worthless (things) for (their) good (ones), and do not devour their property (as an addition) to your own property; this is surely a great crime. (Surah an-Nisa 4:2)

(As for) those who swallow the property of the orphans unjustly, surely they only swallow fire into their bellies and they shall enter burning fire. (Surah an-Nisa 4:10)

-          Before Islam came, the Arabs would not allow their slaves to write a written document for their freedom, they could they could only be freed at the will of the master and were sold to other masters. Also prior to Islam, the Arabs forced their slave-girls into prostitution. Islam allowed slaves to write a document, whereby they would work for a certain period, and would then be freed. After freedom, Muslims were to give them from their own wealth [the wealth given to them by Allah (SWT)]. Also, Allah (SWT) ordered the masters not to compel their slave girls into prostitution and said that even after this compulsion, he was most-forgiving (i.e. to the slave-girl):

And (as for) those who ask for a writing from among those whom your right hands possess, give them the writing if you know any good in them, and give them of the wealth of Allah which He has given you; and do not compel your slave girls to prostitution, when they desire to keep chaste, in order to seek the frail good of this world's life; and whoever compels them, then surely after their compulsion Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. (Surah an-Nur 24:33)

-          The Pagans were drunkards, who used to get drunk and sleep with many women every night. They also used to play games of chance (gambling) and Islam forbade both gambling and alcohol (which created a just and civil society, where there were no brawls or deaths, due to drunkenness):

O you who believe! Intoxicants and games of chance and (sacrificing to) stones set up and (dividing by) arrows are only an uncleanness, the Shaitan's work; shun it therefore that you may be successful. (Surah al-Ma'idah 5:90)

-          The Pagans were people, who used to get drunk so many times. Islam forbade alcohol. See verse quoted above, Surah al-Ma'idah 5:90.

-     They were people who eat meat from animals, which died themselves and were not killed by them (meaning the meat was rotten and thus very harmful for the body, which is one of the many reasons why disease was very common in the middle-east prior to Islam, but after Islam it was heavily reduced), drink the blood of animals (which is very filthy and harmful for the body as well), eat from animals which were beaten or strangled to death (which would be very cruel and barbaric) and animals that were eaten by other animals (which had the germs and saliva of the other animal) and eat food sacrificed to idols (which is idolatry and is forbidden in Islam, Judaism and Christianity). Islam forbade any type of meat for believers, which was from an already dead animal, forbade drinking blood of animals, forbade eating animals, which were beaten or strangled to death and only allowed meat (other than pig flesh), forbade eating animals, who were eaten by other animals and only allowed meat (other than pork) which was slaughtered in the name of Allah (SWT) and no idol, unless a believer was in need and did not have the intention of sinning:

Forbidden to you is that which dies of itself, and blood, and flesh of swine, and that on which any other name than that of Allah has been invoked, and the strangled (animal) and that beaten to death, and that killed by a fall and that killed by being smitten with the horn, and that which wild beasts have eaten, except what you slaughter, and what is sacrificed on stones set up (for idols) and that you divide by the arrows; that is a transgression. but whoever is compelled by hunger, not inclining willfully to sin, then surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. (Surah al-Ma'idah 5:3)

-          The pagans used to have women wear little or no clothes, when performing dances or stripping and used to force women into rape. There was no punishment for this filthy, unjust act upon an innocent woman/girl. Islam ordered women to dress modestly, covering their body parts, which attract men (i.e. everywhere except the face, hands and feet) so that they would not be molested and recognised (i.e. known for they abilities and virtue rather than their outward beauty) and ordered that if the people in hypocrites did not desist, then they would be killed ruthlessly for their filthy, disgusting actions against those innocent women (i.e. molesting them):

O Prophet! Say to your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers that they let down upon them their over-garments; this will be more proper, that they may be known, and thus they will not be given trouble; and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

 

If the hypocrites and those in whose hearts is a disease and the agitators in the city do not desist, We shall most certainly set you over them, then they shall not be your neighbors in it but for a little while;

Cursed: wherever they are found they shall be seized and murdered, a (horrible) murdering. (Surah al-Ahzab 33:59-61)

-          In that pagan society the men were allowed to committing adultery against their wives, but not the other way around. The men were not guilty for sleeping with 20 women every night, but the women were guilty if the even slept with 1 other man. This was the sexism in that sick society, to which Islam was sent as a grace from Allah (SWT) and was sent for mankind. Islam made it clear that both the adulterer and adulteress would be lashed 100 times, with believers witnessing their punishment (as a sign of humiliation for their vile and disgraceful act) but would be forgiven and not punished if they repented. Also, slave-girls who committed adultery were only given half the punishment, unless of course they repented. However repenting means that the crime cannot be re-committed under any case, or else it will prove that the criminal was not sincere in his repentance previously and will thus be lashed 100 times.

(As for) the fornicatress and the fornicator, flog each of them, (giving) a hundred stripes, and let not pity for them detain you in the matter of obedience to Allah, if you believe in Allah and the last day, and let a party of believers witness their chastisement.

Except those who repent after this and act aright, for surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. (Surah an-Nur 24:2, 5)

And whoever among you has not within his power ampleness of means to marry free believing women, then (he may marry) of those whom your right hands possess from among your believing maidens; and Allah knows best your faith: you are (sprung) the one from the other; so marry them with the permission of their masters, and give them their dowries justly, they being chaste, not fornicating, nor receiving paramours; and when they are taken in marriage, then if they are guilty of indecency, they shall suffer half the punishment which is (inflicted) upon free women.(Surah an-Nisa 4:25 Bold emphasis mine)

-          In pagan society they prayed to idols and not to Allah (SWT). Allah (SWT) forbade idol-worship (see above, Surah al-Ma'idah 5:90) and ordered the believers to pray (i.e. to him):

This Book, there is no doubt in it, is a guide to those who guard (against evil).

Those who believe in the unseen and keep up prayer and spend out of what We have given them. (Surah al-Baqara 2:2)

Keep up prayer from the declining of the sun till the darkness of the night and the morning recitation; surely the morning recitation is witnessed. (Surah Bani Israel 17:78)

-          Before Islam, there was no compulsory charity and people could be excused and ignored even if they were dying of hunger or disease. Islam ordered charity to relatives (kindred), orphans, the poor, the needy, the traveller (wayfarer), the beggars, for the emancipation of slaves and captives, the ones who collect them and those who are inclined to converting to Islam. It is a duty upon Muslims:

It is not righteousness that you turn your faces towards the East and the West, but righteousness is this that one should believe in Allah and the last day and the angels and the Book and the prophets, and give away wealth out of love for Him to the near of kin and the orphans and the needy and the wayfarer and the beggars and for (the emancipation of) the captives, and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate; and the performers of their promise when they make a promise, and the patient in distress and affliction and in time of conflicts -- these are they who are {rue (to themselves) and these are they who guard (against evil). (Surah al-Baqara 2:177 Bold emphasis mine)

Alms are only for the poor and the needy, and the officials (appointed) over them, and those whose hearts are made to incline (to truth) and the (ransoming of) captives and those in debts and in the way of Allah and the wayfarer; an ordinance from Allah; and Allah is knowing, Wise. (Surah at-Tawba 9:60)

All that proof and reform being given, it is proven that according to David's absurd belief, out of all the places in the world, including the Christian and Jewish world, Satan had chosen to reveal himself to misguided barbaric pagans, who buried their daughters alive, did not give women their wedding gifts for free, inherited their women, took back the wedding gifts they gave, did not treat women kindly, did not allow women any rights of inheritance, consumed the property of orphans, did not allow slaves to an agreement for their freedom, sold slaves, forced slave-girls into prostitution, gambled, made themselves drunk with alcohol, worshiped idols, ate from already dead animals whose meat was probably rotten, drank the blood of animals, ate from animals who were strangled or beaten to death, ate food sacrificed to idols, had their women wear little or no clothes when performing a dance or stripping, allowed rape, allowed the male to commit adultery, but not the female and did not give charity at all, even if people were starving and dying.

 

And according to David, Satan taught these people, not to bury their daughters alive, to give women their wedding gifts for free, not to inherit women, not to took back the wedding gifts they gave, to treat women kindly, to allow women definite rights of inheritance, not to consume the property of orphans, to allow slaves an agreement for their freedom, not to allow believers to force slave-girls into prostitution, not to gamble, to abstain from drinking alcohol, not to worship idols, not to eat from already dead animals whose meat was probably rotten, not to drink the blood of animals, not to eat from animals who were strangled or beaten to death, not to eat food sacrificed to idols, to order women to dress decently so that they may not be molested and be recognised (for their ability and not their beauty), to ruthlessly kill accursed people who do not abstain from molesting women, did not allow anyone to commit adultery (regardless of his/her gender), to give charity to relatives (kindred), orphans, the poor, the needy, the traveller (wayfarer), the beggars, for the emancipation of slaves and captives, the ones who collect them and those who are inclined to converting to Islam.

 

I wonder, who in the world can ever think like this. If he does, then he must think of Satan as a being who is concerned for women, orphans and equality and a being that wants to stop idolatry and the sick barbaric practices of idolaters to females, the poor, the orphans and slaves.

 

That is impossible. Furthermore, also see this interesting article by Brother Bassam Zawadi, where he proves that according to the Bible, Islam cannot be from Satan:

http://muslim-responses.com/Is_The_Quran_from_Satan/Is_The_Quran_from_Satan_

Now that David Wood's claim is refuted, let's continue.

He wrote:

There is, of course, an easier way for us to see that Christianity predicts the rise of Islam. We can look at some of the prophecies in the Bible. For example, Jesus said that "Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many."[20] Paul added that some people would follow "deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons."[21] (The phrase "deceitful spirit" is reminiscent of the Qur'anic claim that Allah deceived people about the death of Jesus.) The Bible warns over and over again that false teachers and false prophets would come in order to distort the Gospel. Apparently, few people in Muhammad's time heeded this warning.

My Response:

David quotes from Matthew 24:11, yet he does not quote the whole passage. If we see the passage from verse 3 to verse 24, we can see that Jesus is speaking about signs of his second coming and the end of the world. It has been 1400 years since the Holy Prophet Mohammad (SAWW) arrived on this Earth and Prophet Isa (AS) has not yet come back and the world has not ended, so it is impossible for that verse to be attributed with the Holy Prophet Mohammad (SAWW).

Furthermore he quoted Paul from 1 Timothy 4:1, yet he did not quote the whole passage from verses 1 through to 3, which reads:

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. (1 Timothy 4:1-3)

From verse 1 that Paul speaks about people giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils.

The Message revealed to the Holy Prophet Mohammad (SAWW) by Allah (SWT) was not seductive at all and as proven in the above response, could not have been from devils or demons. A seductive message is one that seduces others, i.e. it allows sex with many women, allows you to eat what you want, allows you to kill foreigners or disbelievers and enslave and torture others. This is the type of message that would be seductive to filthy pagan Arabs, before Islam, who buried their daughters alive, did not give women their wedding gifts for free, inherited their women, took back the wedding gifts they gave, did not treat women kindly, did not allow women any rights of inheritance, consumed the property of orphans, did not allow slaves to an agreement for their freedom, sold slaves, forced slave-girls into prostitution, gambled, made themselves drunk with alcohol, worshiped idols, ate from already dead animals whose meat was probably rotten, drank the blood of animals, ate from animals who were strangled or beaten to death, ate food sacrificed to idols, had their women wear little or no clothes when performing a dance or stripping, allowed rape, allowed the male to commit adultery, but not the female and did not give charity at all, even if people were starving and dying.

 

However the Holy Prophet Mohammad (SAWW) taught these pagans not to bury their daughters alive, to give women their wedding gifts for free, not to inherit women, not to took back the wedding gifts they gave, to treat women kindly, to allow women definite rights of inheritance, not to consume the property of orphans, to allow slaves an agreement for their freedom, not to allow believers to force slave-girls into prostitution, not to gamble, to abstain from drinking alcohol, not to worship idols, not to eat from already dead animals whose meat was probably rotten, not to drink the blood of animals, not to eat from animals who were strangled or beaten to death, not to eat food sacrificed to idols, to order women to dress decently so that they may not be molested and be recognised (for their ability and not their beauty), to ruthlessly kill accursed people who do not abstain from molesting women, did not allow anyone to commit adultery (regardless of his/her gender), to give charity to relatives (kindred), orphans, the poor, the needy, the traveller (wayfarer), the beggars, for the emancipation of slaves and captives, the ones who collect them and those who are inclined to converting to Islam.

 

Does that sound like a seductive message or a message from demons or devils to David?

 

Furthermore verse 3 states that these people would forbid others to marry, however the Holy Prophet Mohammad (SAWW) never forbade others from marrying and in Islam marriage is recommended, if not compulsory, according to most Scholars.

 

Can David name 1 person at the time of the Holy Prophet Mohammad (SAWW) who considered that the words of Jesus in the Bible about false Prophets could have applied to the Holy Prophet Mohammad (SAWW)?

 

If not, then he should not make up what he thinks. If so, then those very people must be deceptive or limited, like David, since he quotes 1 verse from a passage and removes the context, because the context shows that the application to the Holy Prophet Mohammad (SAWW) with that prophesy is impossible.

 

He wrote:

Final Thoughts

Throughout history, many people have claimed to be prophets. Indeed, there are many self-proclaimed prophets even today, and there will be more tomorrow. Suppose a prophet arises at some point in the future, one who claims to have a new revelation from God.[22] Both Muslims and Christians would reject him. But suppose this prophet says to Muslims, "Brothers, you have believed in the teachings of Muhammad, but I'm here to tell you that Islam was started by God to deceive people. The pagans in Arabia were doing awful things, such as killing their daughters and marrying hundreds of women. God decided to punish them by leading them astray and making all of you believe something that isn't true. But I'm here to tell you the truth! I am God's greatest prophet, sent to rescue you from evil!" Would Muslims believe him? Most certainly wouldn't. But why would Muslims reject this new prophet? They would reject him because they would refuse to believe that God knowingly deceived millions of people. Yet this is exactly what Muslims believe when it comes to the death of Jesus. So if Muslims believe in a God who deceives people, even those who follow his prophets, how can Muslims be confident that they have been given the truth?

My Response:

Why would Muslims reject this new Prophet who comes out of nowhere? Perhaps, because his claims are the false claims of David, which I have refuted throughout this article. Muslims do not believe that Allah (SWT) deceived millions of people. That claim has been refuted thoroughly throughout this article. Also we would reject him because he would not bring any improvements in beliefs or actions to the Holy Religion of Allah (SWT), but on the other hand, Islam brought about many, many improvements to Christianity and Judaism as well as the pagan beliefs around Arabia and that is why we accept the Holy Prophet Mohammad (SAWW) as the final and greatest Prophet and creation of Allah (SWT), which indeed he is. May Allah (SWT) always bless him and his blessed family and his true companions.

Muslims can be confident that they have been given the truth, because of the improvements and truth Islam brought to Christianity, Judaism and the barbaric pagan tribes of Arabia (see the proof above).

He wrote:

Muslims boast about their reverence for God and their respect for the prophets. Yet, upon closer examination, we see that Islam accuses God of one of the greatest religious deceptions ever. This should cause us to pause and think for a moment. Why would a religion that prides itself on its view of God proclaim that God starts false religions? Why would people who claim to respect Jesus suggest that he was a tremendous failure? It appears that Islam is so incredibly desperate to destroy Christianity, that it doesn't mind destroying itself. In other words, Islam can only explain away Jesus' death and resurrection by making God out to be a deceiver, which destroys the Islamic conception of God. This desperation only makes sense if Christianity is true, and if Islam was designed by Satan to keep people from being saved.

My Response:

Islam does not accuse Allah (SWT) of creating deception. It was only the Jews, who planned against Prophet Isa (AS) that were deceived while his true followers were given the truth and preached the truth, but there works were corrupted by men later on (again see this video).

Allah (SWT) did not start any false religion. That is the twisted and diseased view of David. That has been refuted. The one who started the false religion were corrupted barbaric men, who came after Prophet Isa (AS) and started inventing the false doctrines of crucifixion, resurrection, atonement, sonship and divinity of Prophet Isa (AS).

Islam does not at all suggest that Prophet Isa (AS) was the greatest failure. That was refuted many times and Prophet Isa (AS) was the among the most successful Prophets (AS3) in history. I am not going to repeat myself here but request the reader to see response quite a little bit above, to David's false claim.

If David's Christianity is true, the early resources, the early followers, believers and disciples were all lies and the corrupted, bloodthirsty, wicked men like Constantine and the Council of Nicea were true (again see this video).

He wrote:

Muslims can object to this all they want. They can continue to proclaim their devotion to God and their respect for his prophets. But there's something strange about the way they explain Christianity. There's something very odd about a God who leads the world astray. If Islam is true, God and Jesus are failures. But if Christianity is true, God and Jesus were victorious at the cross, for the door to salvation was opened to all, in spite of those who tried to keep the door shut.

My Response:

There is nothing strange not odd about the way Islam explains Christianity, because the historical evidence shows that Islam is true in its claims.

If Islam is true Allah (SWT) is most gracious, most merciful and the truthful and Prophet Isa (AS) is the Holy, Successful Messiah.

But if Christianity is true the early resources, the early followers, believers and disciples were all lies and the corrupted, bloodthirsty, wicked men like Constantine and the Council of Nicea were true in inventing the doctrines of crucifixion, atonement, resurrection, sonship and divinity of Jesus Christ (again see this video).

He wrote:

Jesus warned his followers that false prophets would come. He also commanded us not to believe them. One of the ways we can spot false prophets is by carefully discerning when their teachings lead to unacceptable beliefs about God. God is Truth, and he is Love. Islam, when carefully examined, would have us believe otherwise.

My Response:

Yes, the Bible does state Jesus warning his followers and giving them signs for the ?end of times', including false Prophets to come. One way to identify false Prophets is if they teach unacceptable about God and Islam does not contain anything unacceptable about Allah (SWT).

Indeed Allah (SWT) is truth (Surah al-Anam 6:62, Surah al-Hajj 22:6, Surah al-Mu'minun 23:116, Surah an-Nur 24:25) and is love (Surah al-Hud 11:90, Surah al-Buruj 85:4). Islam when carefully examined would abide with this belief, as shown in the Qur'an verses I quoted.

There is nothing-important left in David Wood's Article, except for his 22nd footnote, which I would like to respond to.

He wrote:

Even Islam has had its share of self-proclaimed new prophets. Most notably, Mirza Ghulam Ahmad announced his prophethood towards the end of the 19th Century. He also claimed to be the second coming of Jesus. Millions of people have followed him. However, the vast majority of Muslims consider these "Ahmadiyyas" to be a heretical sect. The Ahmadiyyas, though they profess to be Muslims, aren't even allowed to take the pilgrimage to Mecca. The Ahmadiyya movement is significant in that Ahmadiyyas say that true Islam was corrupted, just as Muslims claim that Christianity was corrupted. Hence, Ahmadiyyas claim that God sent another prophet to restore the true message of God. Muslims reject this, because they don't believe that Islam has been corrupted. They conclude that Mirza Ghulam Ahmad must have been a false prophet. But this is the same reason Christians reject Muhammad. We don't believe that Christianity has been corrupted, so Muhammad must have been a false prophet.

My Response:

Ahmediyyas are false because the Holy Qur'an states that the Holy Prophet Mohammad (SAWW) is the seal of Prophets (Surah al-Ahzab 33:40) meaning there can be none after him.

Muslims reject them because Mirza Ahmed, did not bring any improvement whatsoever to the Islamic teaching. David states that this is the same reason Christians reject the Holy Prophet Mohammad (SAWW).

However, we do not reject Mirza Ahmed because of arrogance, like the Christians who reject the Holy Prophet Mohammad (SAWW) because of their own pride in thinking that their religion has to be true and cannot be corrupted.

The same reasoning cannot apply, because Islam brought many improvements to the teachings of the Bible, to both Judaism and Christianity. See these links (especially the first one) for detail on that:

http://answering-christianity.com/bassam_zawadi/bible_quran_compared.htm

http://muslim-responses.com/Lets_Blame_the_Women/Lets_Blame_the_Women_

Verily all Praise belongs to Allah (SWT), the Lord of all Creation.

And verily Allah (SWT) knows best.

www.muslim-responses.com